Who we are
Fundamental Asset Management Ltd (“Fundamental”), is registered in England and Wales. Registered number 5089880. We are registered as a data controller with the Information Commissioner’s Office and our registration number is ZA008252.
How to contact us
Fundamental Asset Management Limited
Tel: 01923 713890
Email: [email protected]set.com
Information we collect and use
Information about you that we collect and use includes:
- Information about who you are e.g. your name, date of birth and contact details
- Information connected to your investment service with us e.g. your bank account details
- Information about your contact with us e.g. meetings, phone calls, emails and letters
- Information that is automatically collected e.g. via cookies when you visit one of our websites
- Information classified as ‘sensitive’ personal information e.g. relating to your health, financial circumstances, marital or civil partnership status. This information will only be collected and used where it’s needed to provide the service you have requested or to comply with our legal obligations
- Information you may provide us about other people e.g. joint applicants or beneficiaries for services you have with us
Other Information we collect about you.
Each time you visit our website, we may automatically collect the following information:
- web usage information (e.g. IP address), your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, operating system and platform; and
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URLs) clickstream to, through and from www.fundamentalasset.com (including date and time); time on page, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks and mouse-overs).
Information we receive from other sources.
We may also receive information about you if you use any of the other websites our associated company Investor’s Champion operates: www.investorschampion.com/ and https://aimsearch.investorschampion.com/
What are cookies?
Cookies store small pieces of information. For example – they will remember you’ve visited our website or performed a certain action.
Cookies also let us know which pages of our website you visited; they help us develop and market our products and services. They also help us track sales.
- Persistent cookies – these stay valid, and will work until their expiry date (unless you delete them before they expire)
- Session cookies – these expire when you close your web browser
How do I turn cookies off?
If you would like to opt out of cookies, you can change the settings on your internet browser to reject cookies. For more information please consult the “Help” section of your browser or visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org Please note that if you do set your browser to reject cookies, you may not be able to use all of the features of our website.
Where we collect your information
We may collect your personal information directly from you, from a variety of sources, including:
- A contact form on our website
- telephone conversations with us
- emails or letters you send to us
- meetings with us
- Account application forms
What we collect and use your information for
We take your privacy seriously and we will only ever collect and use information which is personal to you where it is necessary, fair and lawful to do so. We will collect and use your information only where:
- it’s necessary to provide the service you have requested e.g. if you wish to invest in one of our services, we will require some personal information including your name, address, date of birth, bank account details, financial and personal circumstances etc.
- it’s necessary for us to meet our legal or regulatory obligations including preventing illegal activity or to protect our interests
- you have given us your permission to send you information about products and services offered by Fundamental or its subsidiaries
- it’s in the legitimate interests of Fundamental e.g. to deliver appropriate information and guidance so you are aware of the options that will help you get the best outcome from your investment; where we need to process your information to better understand you and your needs so we can send you more relevant communications about the investments you have with us
If you do not wish us to collect and use your personal information in these ways, it may mean that we will be unable to provide you with our services.
Who we may share your information with
We may share your information with third parties for the reasons outlined in ‘What we collect and use your information for.’
These third parties include:
- Associated Companies e.g. Investor’s Champion Ltd.
- Your financial adviser
- Your employer if you work in Financial Services
- Companies we have chosen to support us in the delivery of services we offer to you and other customers e.g. Jarvis Investment Management Ltd. who act as custodian
- Our regulators and Supervisory Authority e.g. the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), the Information Commissioner’s Office for the UK (the ICO)
- Law enforcement, credit and identity check agencies for the prevention and detection of crime
- HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) e.g. for the processing of tax relief on pension payments or the prevention of tax avoidance
We will never sell your details to someone else. Whenever we share your personal information, we will do so in line with our obligations to keep your information safe and secure.
Where your information is processed
Your information is processed in the UK and European Economic Area (EEA).
How we protect your information
We take information and system security very seriously and we strive to comply with our obligations at all times. Any personal information which is collected, recorded or used in any way, whether on paper, online or any other media, will have appropriate safeguards applied in line with our data protection obligations.
Your information is protected by controls designed to minimise loss or damage through accident, negligence or deliberate actions. Our employees also protect sensitive or confidential information when storing or transmitting information electronically and must undertake annual training on this.
Our security controls are aligned to industry standards and good practice; providing a controlled environment that effectively manages risks to the confidentiality, integrity and availability of your information.
How long we keep your information
We will keep your personal information only where it is necessary to provide you with our services while you are a customer.
We may also keep your information after this period but only where required to meet our legal or regulatory obligations. The length of time we keep your information for these purposes will vary depending on the obligations we need to meet.
Your individual rights
You have several rights in relation to how Fundamental uses your information. They are:
Right to be informed
Right of access
You have the right of access to your personal information. If you wish to receive a copy of the personal information we hold on you, you may make a data subject access request (DSAR).
Right to request that your personal information be rectified
If your personal information is inaccurate or incomplete, you can request that it is corrected.
Right to request erasure
You can ask for your information to be deleted or removed if there is not a compelling reason for Fundamental to continue to have it.
Right to restrict processing
You can ask that we block or suppress the processing of your personal information for certain reasons. This means that we are still permitted to keep your information – but only to ensure we don’t use it in the future for those reasons you have restricted.
Right to object
You can object to Fundamental processing your personal information where:
- it’s based on our legitimate interests (including profiling);
- for direct marketing (including profiling); and
- if we were using it for scientific/historical research and statistics.
How to make a complaint
If you are still unhappy, you can complain to our Supervisory Authority. Their contact details can be found at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/